Hey girl! Let’s talk periods. But not just periods, we are going to share our five top tips for better periods!
- Drink lots of water. This may seem simple or like common knowledge, but your body is losing extra fluids during your period and they need to be replenished. Drinking water is vital and underrated. It also is a gamechanger for stopping headaches and any dizziness.
- Get some movement in. Sometimes exercise can feel like the last thing we want to do on our period. Right girls? But some gentle movement can really help your body and ease discomfort.
- Rest. Often during our time of the month, we feel extra tired. I know I often do. Take some time to rest and listen to your body’s needs. Watch a feel-good movie, eat some nutritious food, do what you find relaxing and your body will thank you.
- Journal what you are grateful for. Sometimes because of hormone changes during menstruation, we can feel a “little” grumpy – let’s be honest now, ladies. This is a great time to shift your perspective and remember what you are grateful for. I guarantee you will feel much better after!
- Lastly, remember that your period is a good thing!! It is a sign of overall female health and fertility. It is not something you should despise, but be grateful for and seek to take care of your body as it serves you.
What other tips do you have that we did not mention?
LIFE Girls Hub x